Monday, November 27, 2006

Smartboard Podcasts

As per my usual Monday morning routine, I listened to the Smartboard Podcast during my commute to work. Joan and Ben are always fun to listen to and have some great links each week. One in particular this morning was for Vyew. It's a browser-based online collaboration tool that has whiteboard capabilities, realtime sharing of desktops (it seemed just a bit slow, which would be expected), built-in text chatting and teleconferencing. Might be a great tool for the students but one downfall was that it requires Flash 9 and since it is not installed on my lab computers I will need to get a technician to install. Ugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your work that we highlighted on the SMARTBoard Lesson Podcast (Episode 47) about sites that offer copyright free photos. It would be great to record a conversation about your SMARTBoard ideas for the podcast.

Keep in touch.
Ben